BallardBlog

I live in Ballard. You would if you could.

My Photo
Name:

Ballard was settled by Scandinavians in the late 19th-century. While we weren't part of the original migration, we've lived here a long time and still like it.

Sunday, January 02, 2005

Breakfast al fresco


photo by Ballard Blog

It was a pretty quiet morning down in Ballard's industrial area when I came across this bird having his breakfast on a building stoop. I quickly grabbed the camera and got a couple shots before it flew away. While it looks very owl-like in the picture, I think it was a small hawk.

Breakfast was a pigeon, but not one of the grubby ones mentioned in "Pigeons and Eagles" last month. Instead, it was pure white and, if the grain pellets scattered everywhere are any indication, well-fed. I'm afraid there's a pigeoneer missing a bird tonight.