BallardBlog

I live in Ballard. You would if you could.

My Photo
Name:

Ballard was settled by Scandinavians in the late 19th-century. While we weren't part of the original migration, we've lived here a long time and still like it.

Friday, January 07, 2005

Friday Cat Blogging: The Dude


photo by Ballard Blog

The Dude lives across and down the alley from us. We might go a week or two without seeing him, then a weekend will come and he's totally underfoot. I think his people leave town for a couple days and he gets lonely.

He's a young cat, no more than a year old and each time we see him, there's a little more Dude to love. And, boy, is he lovable. He jumps into your lap and has a purr motor that roars like a Harley. I'm on record as saying that if I ever see any sign of neglect of the Dude, he's mine. But at 10 lbs. and growing, it's hard to make a case for compassionate catnapping. I guess he'll just remain the Official Occasional Weekend Cat of Ballard Blog.