BallardBlog

I live in Ballard. You would if you could.

My Photo
Name:

Ballard was settled by Scandinavians in the late 19th-century. While we weren't part of the original migration, we've lived here a long time and still like it.

Monday, January 24, 2005

Crocuses, or, for our readers in ancient Rome, Croci


photo by Ballard Blog

I've embarked on a project for 2005 (and maybe 2006). I'm going to walk every street in Ballard. Now, in the 17 years I've lived here, I've walked a lot of those streets, especially during the five years I walked to work. But all that's water under the bridge, or perhaps concrete under the shoe. This project started January 1 and all those streets will be walked! Again!

Trusty Sony camera in hand, I ventured forth this afternoon to get a few more streets colored in on the map. These croci were greeting the sun on 65th Street. It must be nice to be a crocus on a southward facing slope. My northward facing croci are still asleep.